WILL ALAO-AKALA DUMP PDP TODAY?

There are strong indications that as a result of the political permutations favouring an aspirant against him ahead of the guber primaries in Oyo State, former governor Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala may dump PDP and declare for another party today. The crisis started in the state chapter of the PDP over the conduct of ward congress of the PDP. As a result of the epic battle ahead, there are reports that Chief Alao-Akala may have left PDP at the time of this report while another contestant, Mr Seyi Makinde, is heading to court over the development in the party.
In another development, Alao-Akala addressed scores of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) supporters, who had thronged his Amazing Grace Villa residence, Bodija Estate, Ibadan, over the weekend. He said though the conveners of the peace meetings held in Abuja over the list of ad hoc delegates of the party in the state failed to resolve the matter, as a former governor among the aspirants, everybody knows his worth and, at the appropriate time, “water will find its level. I really want to thank and appreciate you for your unflinching support. Let me state categorically that nobody can scare or intimidate us because we know our worth. I am not an Abuja politician, I am a grassroots operator. I know everybody by their name and calling in the party.”
Speaking on his experience as a politician, he said, “I have been a local government chairman, deputy governor and governor in this state, so Alao-Akala knows his worth. No tension, do not panic, by the special grace of God, he has given us the next government in Oyo State. Though the path to that land seems rough, God himself will clear and show us the road to the promise land. Before the end of the week, we’ll know the next line of action. Yes, it’s true that some leaders of the opposition parties have been dangling offers before us, but I want to state here that none of them have been accepted.”
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: