Star Actress MONALISA CHINDA Opens Up

Award winning actress Monalisa Chinda is one of the few female talents in Nollywood with great depth and prowess that spans over 2 decades in acting. Asides acting, she is a producer with few blockbusters to her kitty, A UN Ambassador, runs ARISE foundation and is set to launch her new talk show tagged You & I with Monalisa. In This interview with City People Magazine, the pretty diva who clocked 40 few months back spoke on her career, new projects and life experiences at 40. She also reveals the secret of her glowing looks.
What inspired your new talk show you&I with Monalisa?
It was inspired by my strong desire to see the end of some disheartening issues in our society. I have nurtured this talk show dream for decades now.
What is the show all about and what stands it out from the usual talk shows we already have?
You & I with Monalisa is a totally different talk-show that seeks to correct the numerous social ills we battle with in very refreshing yet captivating perspectives. It’s such a massive, nation-building project that I don’t want to take it with me to the cemetery when I leave this world. You’ll see eminent personalities share on pressing issues that bother around how we live.

How do you intend to overcome the challenges that come with such huge projects, especially in the area of funding?
Aside working with a great team, God remains my sole partner on this project. Production has commenced in full and we’ll be launching on air very soon. We’re currently running this in partnership with the NDDC and other prospective brands that have shown interest so far. The reviews from our recent briefing have been fulfilling. I’m glad I finally got enough courage to pursue my ultimate dream and can’t wait to be of service towards transforming lives globally.
Who are your target audience and what do you strive to achieve with the talk show?
Our target audiences are the upwardly mobile Nigerians and Africans at large. We are going to air the show on local and international TV networks to avail everyone the opportunity to be a part of this great movement.
The name You & I with Monalisa, does it insinuate you are also going to be treating some issues concerning your life as an actress?
Well, some things are best left as surprises and we shall see to that when the show commences.
What’s your opinion about why celebrity marriages crash, especially since you are also going to be treating issues like that in your talk show?
The crashing of few celebrity marriages is not an issue, we only overblow them because they are public figures and that makes it seem as though that’s the only place it’s happening. There are no marriages without challenges. The only difference between those that thrive and those that don’t is in the willingness to make the right choices from the beginning and commit to staying through when challenges arise.

Are you going to give marriage another chance if it comes?
We shall see.
As a mother and an entertainer, how do you manage taking care of your daughter and your busy acting career?
It’s a great combination, I must tell you. I consider being blessed with my brilliant daughter one of my greatest accomplishments. A look into her eyes gives me strength; she’s a huge blessing from God. She inspires me to do more, so taking very good care of her comes effortlessly.
Would you encourage your daughter to go into entertainment?
If that’s what she’s truly wired to do, why not? She’ll get my full support.

What are some of your biggest challenges as an entertainer?
As a public figure, one of the sacrifices you pay is that of being wrongly criticized. But then, no one throws stones at a fruitless tree, so I view being beefed as the price of a fruitful life. I learn, I move on. Thankfully, my life has been characterized more ecstatic moments than I could ever ask for.

Asides your talk show, do you intend going back into publications again anytime in future?
To make a mark, we must discover our true path and commit to it with undeterred focus until successful. We are in the age of endless distractions and focus remains an important virtue as we can achieve nothing significant without it. The talk-show, my annual dance production concert alongside acting are my points of focus.

Looking back, are there things you wish you had done differently as an entertainer?
Not really.

You recently clocked 40, how did you mark your birthday?
Clocking 40 was a highpoint in my life. Looking back, seeing what God has brought me through, overcoming challenges, coming our stronger, moving forward and onward. I couldn’t help spending it with friends and loved ones giving every praise to God.

What are the biggest lessons life has taught you at 40?
Life has taught me that true significance only comes from service. It is in giving our lives away we find meaning.
As a role model to many young people out there, what are some useful tips you can share that helped bring you this far in Nollywood?
Nothing is impossible if you truly believe in yourself. Surround yourself with dreamers, believers and doers. Find people who have done what you’d like to do, follow their steps and you’ll succeed with time.

What are some projects you are working on recently and the remarkable projects you have done all through the years that you hold so dear to your heart?
Aside the hundreds of movies I’ve had the privilege of starring in and the talk show project we’re currently working on, I’m also committed to bringing back my annual benefit dance concert, as earlier stated. These are the primary projects I hold dear to my heart and I’m committed to building them into formidable brands that will impact lives positively across the globe.

You are 40 but you look 30, what’s the secret of your glowing skin and youthful looks?
Well, to be candid, I don’t think it’s entirely my making. I try to take good care of myself, love to take fruits, do some exercise and that’s all.

Starting off as an actress, did you envisage you would grow this big in Nollywood?
No one ventures into something they don’t hope to be find success and fulfilment in. I started acting in my teens and haven’t been off the spotlight ever since. It’s something I practically grew up with, so I pretty sure knew I was getting into this from an early age. And though it has its challenges, I’d say it’s been both rewarding and fulfilling.

What other interest do you have apart from acting?
Mainstream television production on a global scale and public service in the nearest future.
If you hadn’t started out as an actress, what other profession would you have gone into?
I definitely would have been a Lawyer instead.

Going down the memory lane, how did you become one of the biggest acts in Nollywood?
I owe the answer to this question to God. I only strive to do and be my best at everything, and God does the rest, and He’s still taking much farther than this.

What do you do to keep fit?
I love jogging, and I do a lot of it amongst others.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: